This past week was my husband Brandon’s 29th birthday. We had a party at out home (theme – Make 29 Great Again) filled with yummy appetizers, a keg of beer (hubby’s request), outdoor games, & good friends/family. The party itself wasn’t my focus of worry as much as what on earth to get him.
After a lot of Pinteresting (see my boards here) & a little bit of creativity, I came up with the “man version” of a gift basket, complete with little items that remind me of him. I started out with 10 items, but ended up with 14…fitting in perfect with his birth date of April 14th. Lastly, I wrapped each item in various paper, made tags showing which each gift represented, staggered all of them in a metal drink pale that we already had in the garage, & topped it off with a rustic banner made from cut out card stock & rope!
It turned out really adorable (I mean…manly), costed a total of under $150, & truly gave B that sentimental punch he needed on his birthday.
“14 Things I love About You”
- You’re a great listener – bluetooth headphones ($25)
- Your sense of humor – Cards Against Humanity ($25)
- Your eyes are the color of chocolate – Reese’s (his favorite candy) (under $5)
- You smell so good – cologne samples (free from Nordstrom, when I ordered a makeup refill)
- You’re an amazing fur-dad – framed animal paw prints (~$25 – TJ Maxx) (DIY – see post here)
- You’re my lucky charm – 4-leaf clover wallet insert (free)
- You’re a great kisser – 3-pack of his favorite Blistex Blistex ($7)
- You’re a grill master – grill light ($9)
- You try to be organized – cable organizers ($5)
- You knock my socks off – Happy Socks ($4 – TJ Maxx)
- You make amazing margaritas – 1/5 of Altos tequila ($13 – local liquor store)
- You’re my beach bum – “hubby” beach spike drink holder ($5 – Etsy) (DIY – added “hubby” using decal cut from my mom’s cricut machine)
- You’re sometimes stinky…but I love you anyway – Poo Pourri ($9.95)
- You’re a dynamite shower buddy – Old Spice body wash ($9)