If you all have not already noticed, I have a slight thing for anything peach! I am not positive where my infatuation originated or if my southern Georgia roots are to blame, but I do know if peach is an option, it will win my vote!
This recipe is super easy and works wonders for summer barbecues and gatherings. It is the perfect addition for your upcoming Labor Day plans. Enjoy!
Butter // 1/2 cup (or 1 stick)
Flour, self-rising // 1 cup
Sugar // 2 cups, divided
Salt // a pinch
Milk // 1 cup
Fresh peach slices // 4 cups, approximately 6 to 8 peaches
Lemon juice // 1 tbsp
- Slice peaches. Place in saucepan for later.
- Set oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Combine the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sugar // 1 cup (save 1 cup for later)
- Pour batter over butter. Do not stir.
- Add the following ingredients to peach slices in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Sugar // remaining 1 cup
- Lemon juice
- Pour peachy goodness over batter (into baking dish). Again, do not stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if you want to be spicy.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes…or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
- If you desire the hot/cold effect, add a scoop of Mayfield vanilla ice cream on top!