This recipe has been a go-to for B and I since college. It is super easy (which favors my lack of cooking ability), quick, and a major crowd pleaser! Pairing it with celery sticks or Fritos Scoops! are our personal favorites, but you can mix and match it with anything that tickles your fancy (from traditional tortilla chips to sliced bell peppers).
To make it even more simple, prepare ahead of time, refrigerate, then pop in the oven 30-ish minutes before your departure. This could be later the same day or even allow you to prep the night before, guaranteeing it will be toasty and fresh when you arrive to your festivity!
Canned chicken (drained) // 2 – 10 oz cans
Cheddar cheese (shredded) // 1 1/2 cup, divided
Ranch dressing // 1 cup
Hot sauce // 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup if you prefer a kick
Cream cheese // 2 – 8 oz bars
Milk // a splash
Sea salt // 1 tsp
Ground pepper // 1 tsp
- Set oven to 375°.
- Combine the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir.
- Canned chicken (drained)
- Cheddar cheese (shredded) // 1 cup (save 1/2 cup for later)
- Ranch dressing
- Hot sauce
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Spray 13 x 9 glass baking dish with cooking spray (we prefer PAM Olive Oil Cooking Spray).
- Spread mixture in baking dish.
- Cover with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (adding more, as desired).
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, or until edges become golden brown.
- Serve with celery, Fritos Scoops!, or favorite tortilla chips.